Bootle Vets League:
WELCOME TO THE BOOTLE & DISTRICT PENSIONERS BOWLING LEAGUE WEB SITE.
The league run two divisions playing on Thursday afternoons. The league is open to bowlers aged from 55 years. A particular welcome to Brooklands Bowling Club, Haigh Road, Waterloo who will be joining the league in 2020. As well as league games, a number of team and individual cup competitions are also run. Please scroll down for news and notices.
Note also that Walnut B will be renamed Crescent Wasps in 2020. Walnut A thus become Walnut.
A weekly summary CALENDAR can be seen by scrolling down this header page.
Full details of season 2019 results and statistics can be seen via the ARCHIVES link at the top of this page.
The AGM was held on THURSDAY 31st October 2019
The following proposals were tabled with results as indicated
2. Rule 8. The Player Registration fee of £2-00 per Player to be changed to a “one off” lump sum of £35-00 per team to register any number of players correctly registered. AGREED
3. Rule 10A. That the Three-Day qualification period for players to be eligible to play be removed and replaced with “players need to be registered by Midnight on the day before the Scheduled day of a game” Note Rule 11A the final date to register new players will remain 30th June. AGREED
From Litherland B C.
a) The Number of Players in each team be reduced from 11 to 10. DEFEATED
b) All Cup Matches to be played on a 5 Home 5 Away Basis. DEFEATED
c) That the Maximum Handicap difference in any Clare Cup match to be 50 points AGREED
d) All Games to start at 1-00 pm, given the number of players who play on a Thursday night. AGREED
From Freshfield B.C.
That the age for qualification should be reduced from 58 to 55 AGREED
(Note only 2 players in age range 55 to 60 can play in any match)
Other matters arising
President: Eric Hoare Life Vice President: Austin Fleming
Chairman: George Campbell
Hon. Secretary: David Halewood 0151 924 8224 mob 07931 900775
Hon. Assistant Secretary: Ken Buckley 01704 872834
Hon. Treasurer: Mike Truman 07890 047929
Committee Members: Gabriel Brittocoll, Ronnie McCann, Gordon Richards, Tony Wright, Keith Sandon
Scorecards are to be submitted to the Hon. Secretary and to reach him within 48 hours of match completion. IF SENT BY ELECTRONIC MEDIA, PLEASE RETAIN SCORECARD.
MERSEYSIDE COUNTY AGM - summary of main points from Jan 2020 AGM
· There was a ‘Bowls for Health’ presentation, promoting Training & Coaching at Bowls Clubs throughout Merseyside as part of a Programme to improve health in all age groups and abilities with the aim to get more people playing Bowls initially at a Social level but ultimately to join clubs at a competitive level. Any Clubs interested should contact the MCCGBA Development Officer (details will soon be posted on MCCGBA Website) or by using Google “Bowls for Health”
· Roy Cooke (07990 764143) is now the county Safeguarding Officer. There is a D B S accreditation meeting on 2nd February at Heswall RBL, but nothing so far in our area (minimum 10 required).
· Of 200 Merseyside clubs, about 20 have no Safeguarding Officer, and invoices for fines have been issued. Any Club not paying these fines and not providing details of a Safeguarding Officer would not be allowed to play Bowls under BCGBA. Leagues would be advised of clubs in the area being barred.
· The County Treasurer said that she would publish on the Web Site invoices which Leagues and Clubs could either print off to send payment of fees due or just make payment by Direct Bank Transfer ensuring that League/Club name and registration number were quoted. There would be no reminders.
· It is likely that sandals would not be allowed to be worn on greens without a medical certificate.
· Ron Holt is now the County Web Master. He said he had plans to improve the site and would ensure that it was brought up to date quickly and notices would appear on a regular basis.
** Date also includes the equivalent Consolation Cups rounds
|(Monday 4 November 2019)|
League winners: Litherland A; Runners up: Litherland B
Hawkyard Trophy winners: Walnut A; Runners up: Litherland A
Hawkyard Consolation winners: Freshfield A; Runners up: Formby Park A
Billy Nelson Trophy winner: John O'Connor (Walnut A); Runner up: Frank Southward (Litherland A)
League winners: Aughton Institute; Runners up: Moorside Park
Arthur Hughes Trophy winner: Sue Moorcroft (Moorside Park); Runner up: Alan Dutch (Maghull Vets)
Winners: Walnut B; Runners up: Sefton and Thornton
Clare Consolation Cup
Winners: Freshfield A; Runners up: Maghull Vets
Winner: Harry Jones (Brooke Hotel A); Runner up: Norman Lee (Litherland A)
Winners: Paul Carline and Ted Clayton (Formby Park A)
Runners up: George McGhee and Billy Halliwell (Litherland B)
|(Friday 4 October 2019)|
David Halewood, League County Rep
|(Thursday 7 March 2019)|
Requests for membership cards must be accompanied by a BCGBA Membership Application Form. (Follow the links on http://merseysidebowls.co.uk/)
The current fee for a BCGBA Membership Cards is now £12 (£4 for replacement cards) and all cheques must be made payable to Merseyside CCGBA.
Send to: Linda Howard, 65 Prospect Vale, Wallasey, CH45 6TG.
|(Monday 25 February 2019)|
From BCGBA: All clubs must have a Safeguarding Official by 1st March 2019. If the official is a member of more than one club then they can cover all clubs they play for. If not, such clubs will be subject to a £25 fine, increasing by a further £25 for each succeeding 3 months without such a person, with the ultimate sanction of being barred from playing.
Just to remind you all, the recommended Action Plan for Clubs is as follows:
1. Identify an individual
2. Arrange for a DBS application to be completed through the BCGBA
3. Show the certificate to the County Safeguarding Officer / Evidence Checker / Counter Signatory.
4. Advise Club Members who the nominated Safeguarding Officer is. This can be done by printing a copy of the Safeguarding Policy from the Safeguarding Website, adding the name of your Safeguarding Officer and then posting it on your Club notice board.
5. Ensure your Safeguarding Officer has a place on your committee to feedback any updates in policy.
6. Let the Merseyside Registrar have full details of the Safeguarding Officer for your Club. (This must be done by 30/6/2019 to avoid a fine)
|(Thursday 14 February 2019)|
AUGHTON INSTITUTE Bold Lane, Aughton L39 6SG
BROOKE HOTEL Brooke Road West, Waterloo L22 2BE
FORMBY PARK Duke Street, Formby L37 3LT
FRESHFIELD Timms Lane, Freshfield L37 7DN
LITHERLAND Hatton Hill Road, Litherland L21 9JN
MAGHULL VETS Oakhill Park, Liverpool Road, Lydiate L31 2NA
MOORSIDE PARK Moorside Road, Crosby L23 2RR
NETHERTON PARK Arnside (off Thirlmere Drive), Litherland L21 5JL
NORTHERN Moor Park, Elm Avenue, Crosby L23 2SX
SEFTON & THORNTON Nags Head, Green Lane, Thornton L23 1TJ
WALNUT A Orrell Lane, Bootle L20 6PG
WALNUT B Moss Lane, Bootle L20 0ED (entrance adjacent to no. 24)
|(Saturday 17 February 2018)|