Timperley & District Veterans' Bowling League
- The title shall be the "TIMPERLEY & DISTRICT VETERANS'
BOWLING LEAGUE" and it shall consist of clubs, with both private
and park greens, within a radius of 6 miles of the Timperley Village
- The League shall be managed by a Committee of Eight, comprising Chairman,
Vice Chairman, President, League Secretary,Treasurer, Fixture Secretary and
two members, who together with the two Auditors, shall be nominated by the
31st October for election at the AGM. The League Secretary,Treasurer and
Fixture Secretary shall receive an Honorarium, the values of which shall
be determined by the members present at the AGM.
- Persons eligible to join shall be Members 55 years of age or over.
- All players must be registered for life with the BRITISH CROWN
GREEN BOWLING ASSOCIATION and with the CHESHIRE
COUNTY BOWLING ASSOCIATION. Playing a non-registered
player will result in forfeiture of the Game by the offending club. All
clubs must be affiliated to the CHESHIRE COUNTY BOWLING
ASSOCIATION. Fees will have to be paid to the CCBA for the year on the due
date or withdraw from the league until paid
- Each club Secretary must send a list of their registered players to the
Fixture Secretary BEFORE the start of each season. The list must contain, in
alphabetical order, the name, BCGBA registration number and CCBA
registration number of all new players immediately they join their club.
- Matches shalll be played according to the laws of CrownGreen Bowling as
laid down by the British Crowngreen Bowling Association and shall consist of
four pairs per side playing foursomes 25 up. The result shall be decided by
the total number
- All matches shall be played on Friday afternoons, commencing at 1.30pm.
Should the green be deemed unplayable by the green keeper or in his absence,
the home team captain, for any reason, including inclement weather, the
teams may re-arrange the match for another day within two weeks, by mutual
consent.If the home club has a 2nd green, the match can be played on that
green provided that both Captains agree. Shortage of players is not a valid
reason for re-arranging matches... Any situatIon not specifically covered
in rule 7 that affects the result of a match will be dealt with at a
committee meeting,to which both clubs are invited.
- The Home team shall be allowed to practice from 1.00 to 1.15 The visiting
team shall be allowed to practice 1.15pm to 1.30pm.
- The visitors shall have the jack at the first end.
- A team short of players at 1.30 pm due to lateness, sickness and/or
holidays, may borrow one or two players from the opposing club,
subject to the captains agreeing. The result of such games shall count
towards the overall aggregate of the teams.
- Minimum length to be bowled -19 metres; maximum length - 37
metres. Objection to both the minimum and maximum lengths to be
made AFTER the first wood has come to rest. All clubs to be in
possession of a metric tape for measuring
- BOTH Captains or Secretaries MUST e-mail or text the result of the
match to the Fixture Secretary after the game, between 4.15pm and 7.30pm.
- The two Captains must agree on any anomalies which may occur.
- Subscriptions to be £15 per team for 2013; fixture cards free, Monies
must be paid to the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting. None payment
of fees by the 28th Feb. will invoke a penalty of £15.
- Notice of motions or proposed changes to the rules to be notified to the
Secretary in writing, by the 31st October each year. A copy of all such
motions, proposed changes to the rules and nominations, shall then be
circulated to all club Secretaries at least 21 days prior to the AGM to
allow due consideration. Failure to attend the AGM by a club representative
will result in a £10 fine.
- Any voting at the League AGM shall be limited to a maximum of one vote
- No player can play for more than one club in any one season except
when on loan under rule 10, However a player may change clubs and be
re-registered ONCE only in any one season with the agreement of the
secretaries of the two clubs involved and the League Secretary
- An officer of the league may not hold more than one position at any one
- Any contravention of any of these rules will be dealt with by the
- The home team must have a copy of the league rules available at all
- An E.G.M. May be called by the league Secrectary on behalf of the
Managment committee, or not less than five member clubs,duly Submitted in
writingto the Secretary and carrying the signatures of all Secretaries of
those clubs making the request,and stating the reason for the meeting. No
other business will be discussed at this type of meeting.